All of these indicate that the brain and body is not getting enough oxygen and the person should receive medical care. She added: 'When she came in, she told us it's what's called dry drowning. There was nothing else they could do for him.' Gio Vega (left), age two, nearly died after swallowing a small amount of water during a swim at a community pool in Colorado.Francisco Delgado III, known as Baby Frankie to his parents, was swimming with his family at the Texas City dike. and Tara said the boy started to complain of stomach pains shortly after getting out of the water, but they figured he just has a regular bug. His father Garon Vega (right) heard Frankie's story and took him to the doctor Staff Sgt.The body is then deprived of oxygen and begins to suffocate.
This is because the heat of the dryer can end up scorching your most delicate areas, while the air could end up disrupting the delicate balance of bacteria.The other day, I was reading through an article, sent to me by the person I’m dating*, all about ‘things every woman should do after intercourse’. They just know I enjoy reading vagina-related content. Medical Daily reports that blow drying your vulva (that’s the outside bits, not the internal vagina) after sex can reduce the risk of yeast infections, while Life Hacker suggests giving your vagina a blow after every shower or bath, because ‘bacteria loves moisture’.I read through the standard bits – drinking water, peeing, having a long bath (not actually a wise idea, but not the worst suggestion on the list) – then, right at the end, stumbled upon something strange. On Mumsnet and Reddit, people praise the joy of blowdrying their genitals, some saying they like the feeling, others using blow-dryers to dry their pubes, and others saying they were advised to blow dry their vaginas by their doctors – again, in an attempt to prevent yeast infections. While all the sources promoting the use of blow-dryers use the word ‘vagina’, some, we think, mean the vulva and pubic areas.Although Freddie's case is being called dry drowning, Dr Ray Pitetti of the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, said he believes it's a case of secondary drowning.The associate medical director of emergency pediatric medicine said: 'These terms are used the same way but are two different things.'Dr Pitetti said water is inhaled and although it doesn't reach the lungs, it causes the larynx, the air passage to the lungs, to shut as a protective response.